PTC Thermistors POSISTOR® are an electronic component where the resistance remains almost constant near room temperatures. However, when the temperature exceeds a constant temperature, the resistance suddenly increases. Sharp changes in resistance make it possible to accurately detect overheating in multiple areas. "POSISTOR®" is a registered trademark of Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Exploiting the PTC characteristic (a sharp increase in resistance above a certain temperature), the PRF series chip PTC thermistors are used for overheat sensing in FETs, power ICs, and other heat generating areas.
- PRF series = chip type PTC Thermistor for Overheat sensing.
- PRF15-1kΩ Series (0402inch size)
- PRF15-10kΩ Series (0402inch size)
- PRF18-470Ω Series (0603inch size)
- PRF18-470Ω Series (Tight Tolerance Type) (0603inch size)
- PRF21-470Ω Series (0805inch size)