Total reported sales for all switch categories in Europe for Q3 of 2016 were 4% below the previous quarter and 2% better than the third quarter of 2015. Sales units for Q3 2016 came in 10% less than the Q2 and about 5% lower than Q3 2015.
The total booking euros reported for all switch categories in Europe for Q3 2016 ran 9% less than the previous quarter and above Q3 2015’s total bookings by 3%. The first quarter’s book-to-bill ratio for euros was 0.903. Booking units in Q3 2016 slumped 11% from Q2. The first quarter’s book-to-bill ratio for units was 0.920.
The third quarter versus the second shows lower euros and units for five of eight categories. In total euros were down over 4% and units dropped by 10%. The average selling prices (ASP) increased in five of the eight categories and were up over 6% in total. Q2 compared to a year ago shows gains in euros for six of eight categories and a 2% rise in total. Units were down 5% in total with decreases in over half the categories. ASPs increased for the majority of the eight categories and increased 7% in total. Year to date euros were up 3% with most categories improving. Units rose 1% in total with gains in four of eight categories. The ASP rose 2% despite loses in half of the eight categories.
When compared to the second quarter total bookings were down in euros for five of eight categories and in total euros by over 9%%. Units shrank in the majority of categories and fell 11% overall. The average booking price rose 2% in total with the majority of the categories increasing. Results compared to same quarter last year has euros increasing for all but keylocks and 3% in total. Units rose 5% and ABP slipped 2%. Year to date booking euros, units and price are nearly unchanged in total and varied by category.
The graph below shows total quarterly indexed sales and bookings in euros and units for the reported data since Q3 CY 2014. Then sales improved as bookings slipped, all measures finished 2014 lower. The first half of 2015 showed recovery then bookings dropped and sales inched lower in Q3 and Q4. Q1 of 2016 produced a significant improvement in all metrics followed by more growth in Q2. In the last quarter all metrics fell off.
Book-to-bill euros and units generally declined to a low in Q3 of 2014 improved the next two quarters only to move down in Q3 of 2015 but improved a bit then slipped the last two quarters. The ABP-to-ASP ratio has been below 1.0 for six of the last nine quarters.
For the period, indexed booking and indexed selling prices generally trended higher and set a two year high last quarter. The ABP moved above and below the ASP.