Total reported sales for all switch types in Europe for Q2 of 2017 were 6% above the previous quarter and 6% better than observed in the second quarter of 2016. Sales units for Q2 2017 were 1% more than units sold in Q1 and about 1% lower than Q2 2016.
The total booking euros reported for all switch types in Europe for Q12 2017 came in 8% less than the previous quarter and above Q2 2016 by 6%. The first quarter’s book-to-bill ratio for euros was 0.956. Booking units in Q2 2017 declined 4% from Q1 of last year. The first quarter’s book-to-bill ratio for units was 1.025.
The second quarter versus the first shows significantly higher euros for DIP and snap action switches. In total euros were up almost 6% and units improved by 1%. The average selling prices (ASP) increased in two of the eight types but were up over 4% in total on a mix shift to higher priced switch types. Q2 compared to a year ago shows gains in euros for four of eight types and a 6% rise in total. Units slipped 1% in total with decreases in half the types. ASP’s increased for three of the eight types and increased 7% in total, again on a mix shift to higher priced switch types. Year to date euros rose in the majority of types and 6% in total. Units grew slightly in total with half of the types losing some ground. ASP’s for six of eight types increased with a 6% gain in total.
Sales Growth By Switch Type
When compared to the first quarter total bookings were down in euros and units for the majority types. In total euros fell almost 8% and units slipped 4%. The average booking price also slipped 4% in total with the majority of the types decreasing. Results compared to same quarter last year has euros and units increasing for the majority of types. In total euros improved 6% and units rose 8% with the ABP declining 2%. Year to date, as with sales, booking euros and units for almost all types with a 13% total increase in euros and 9% for units. Despite losses in five of eight types the total ABP rose 4% on a mix shift to higher priced switch types.
Bookings Growth By Switch Type
The graph below shows total quarterly indexed sales and bookings in euros and units for the reported data since Q2 CY 2015. The first half of 2015 showed recovery then bookings dropped and sales inched lower in Q3 and Q4. Q1 of 2016 produced a significant improvement in all metrics followed by more growth in Q2. In the last two quarters OF 2016 all metrics fell off but improved dramatically to start the first half of 2017.
Book-to-bill euros and units moved to a low in Q3 of 2015. Both improved a bit then slipped the middle two quarters of 2016 and improved in the final quarter and first quarter of this year then decreased in the latest quarter. The ABP-to-ASP ratio has been below 1.0 for six of the last nine quarters.
For the period, indexed booking and selling prices generally trended higher and set a two year high in Q4 of 2016 before moving lower in Q1. Both are near all-time Switch Tracks highs, as shown in the second graph, but indexed booking price has fallen off the last 2 quarters.